Saturday, June 19, 2010

Naps! I'm giving YOU permission!

A friend of mine, along time ago, said to me, "I take a nap almost everyday." She said it with no guilt and with confidence. That really stuck with me, it almost gave me permission to join her in her siesta ritual!
I LOVE naps, however I almost always feel guilty when I indulge in them...mainly because most Americans are working their fingers to the bone each minute of every day!
I am officially making naps a part of my weight loss plan! Why? I have entered stage 3 of my weight loss plan...losing the last 20 pounds. I am hitting it hard! I have been exercising twice a day (in the morning and again at night). The only way I have the energy to exercise at night is if I rest for an hour in the middle of the day. Yesterday I was busy all day, and after getting up at 5:45am I was dead by 9:30! That's usually I hit the elliptical. I knew my body was telling me I needed sleep...so I hit the hay! It dawned on me...I did not nap!
I am giving you permission to nap too!
Even if it is not for weight loss, you will find the rest of the hours of your day are more productive. You will have more energy in the evening AND you will be more patient with your kids!
**you may not be able to get a hold of me anywhere between
the hours of 1pm and 3pm**

No comments: