Friday, July 25, 2014

What Beachbody Workout Programs Have Taught Me

One of the greatest things that Beachbody programs have taught me is how to get comfortable being uncomfortable. I call myself a "recovering quitter" because I just never spent time doing things I didn't want to do. I didn't see the purpose of it...this behavior was as recent as when I lived in China and just didn't see the purpose in hiking The Great Wall. Sometimes this attitude still perks up...but A LOT LESS than it used to!
So, how has Beachbody programs done this? Well, first there is a program for anyone, at any stage they are at. My first program was Les Mills Pump because I wanted to add strength training to my running. Immediately I felt muscle strength and saw definition that I couldn't achieve after years of doing my own thing at the gym. THAT feeling pushed me a little farther and soon I wanted to do P90X...who was this new person ? Before I knew it I had completed the entire 90 days of P90X, P90X3, Les Mills Combat...and TODAY I COMPLETED INSANITY! If you would have told me a year ago that I would do Insanity...I would've admitted you! That was the scariest, craziest sounding and looking program out there for me. But when I completed each program the reward, strength and empowerment I felt propelled me to move a little bit farther out of my comfort zone that I didn't even recognize how far I had come! So...what is next for THIS INSANITY GRADUATE? Well, I am now training for a FULL marathon and using P90X3 as my cross training. A full marathon is not something I EVER wanted to do...but after getting half way through my half marathon training I felt confident enough to step over that comfort line yet again! It has been ONE YEAR since my first Beachbody program and I cannot believe how far I have come in that time! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE what the future has in store now that I am comfortable being uncomfortable! WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE IN ONE YEAR?

No comments: