Friday, October 12, 2012

Check in ~ 10.12.12

Pic of the Week
My mandarin teacher and friend, Lily, treated me to a feast!
left to right: spicy noodles, rice "disks" with veggies, baozi with leek and mushroom, sweet and sour pork ribs, "chicken flavored" fish, jiaozi filled with soup. This is cantonese chinese food which is very different from Beijing style- much better in my opinion. 
Challenges of the Week: Getting back into the swing of things after a relaxing vacation is usually a challenge. I always want to spring right back into exercise and counting calories the second I land but I am learning that it often takes about a week to settle back in (and for my airline bloating to subside).  For me, the goal is not to panic.
This week had many opportunities for failure...treats at scripture study, lunches out. I'd like to say I was too busy to go to the gym, but I just simply chose not to on a few days. I simply stayed up way too late on many nights and was too tired in the morning.  NO MORE EXCUSES!
 I did about 50% good and 50% not so good...instead of looking at it as a failure, I see that this week was a step back to my 100% (which WILL be next week!)

Successes of the Week: Part of the 50% good included: I chose to split something at a lunch out. Stopped eating when I was full. On Wednesday I went to the gym and then walked for 2 hours and 40 minutes all around the city. 

Weigh In: down 1.4 lbs

Looking Ahead: This weekend will be the son's birthday party with pizza and brownies (he hates cake. . . my  child?). Have to come up with a plan because I hate pizza, but if I am hungry I will eat it. Must go to gym daily next week...

Hawaii countdown is on! I am using that trip as a road marker on my journey. I would really like to be 10 pounds down by then. 10 Weeks To Go...1 Pound a Week! Let's do this!

2 comments:

Liz R. said...

you hate pizza?? can we even BE friends!? haha j/k. i am ALWAYS in situations where i can't eat what's being served... and generally it's at my in-laws house, but that's a different story altogether...

i have learned to eat before i go, or bring something i can eat. it's usually just hard when i WANT to eat what they are eating but can't...

Unknown said...

It is always hard for me to get back in the swing of things after vacation! wait... you hate pizza? I WISH I hated pizza, it would make saying NO so much easier!