Friday, October 26, 2012

Check in ~ 10.26.12

Besides being flat on my back this week, it's all about the Giants in the World Series!
I call this picture "Biggest Giants fan in Beijing"!

Challenges of the Week: Injured my back during Saturdays work out. I thought it was a pulled muscle and treated it as such on Sunday with rest, ice, heat, bath, Advil, etc. Was so determined with my new work out regiment that I did it on Monday and then was out for the rest of the week. Got a massage on Tuesday which made it worse, making me think it is a pinched nerve instead of a muscle. Made an appointment with a Chinese Dr.  for next Wednesday. I also hosted an activity at my house and used that excuse to try yummy recipes. Leftovers, despite me sending them home with people, almost got the best of me. Needless to say I was frustrated and off kilter as I laid on my back all week. When my control is taken away my mind automatically goes to a negative place. I saw a picture of myself and became depressed. Looking back, long term, and noticing how short I've come with so much work added to that depression. Sad to not be able to move a pebble... emotional roller coaster for sure!

Successes of the Week: So happy to not gain this week! I have no idea how that is possible, but I am taking it. I was so enthusiastic to begin these new additions to my exercise routine and can't wait to get back to it. When I am not able to exercise it always makes me realize how much I enjoy it and need it for my mental well-being, as well as my physical health.

Weigh-In: down .6 (by the grace of goodness)

Looking Ahead:  Very gun shy about any sort of activity. I am hoping that will change quickly. Praying I can get back to it!

1 comment:

Liz R. said...

i'm not sure this has to do with your pinch nerve or not, but it's just something that popped into my head...

when i was doing P90X, for like 2 weeks haha, one of the rotations in the videos was yoga. it seemed like a funny thing, but the exercise guy emphasized how important being flexible was to a balanced workout routine.

just wondering... maybe that would help with the pinched nerve issue? idk.