It is never too late to join in our challenge! By the end of summer you will be healthier! Any is better than none. Click here for past challenges.
Some weeks have been more challenging than others, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Let's see which category this week's challenge falls under.
This week we are talking about water. I am a firm believer in not drinking any calories, so water is always my drink of choice. I know for some people that isn't always the case. Let's look at why water is so important.
|Pic found here|
Many people think that diet soda or coffee is a good substitute. Wrong! Caffeine is a diuretic and actually pushes water out of your body...so limit the caffeine and you will feel better and have better results.
Week 3 Challenge
- Continue to break a sweat and pump your heart for one hour, five days a week.
- Continue for AT LEAST five days a week have AT LEAST one serving of fruits and/or vegetables at EVERY meal.
- For THREE days this week implement thirty minutes of strength training.
- Drink at least EIGHT glasses of water EVERY DAY.
- With drinking that much water I will be in the bathroom all day. It is true, AT FIRST, if you are not used to drinking this much water you will be going to the bathroom a lot. But after a couple of days this will not be the case. Stick with it.
- I hate the taste of water. Sorry, but water is here to stay so get used to it. Water is the natural mineral for our bodies. It helps our skin, our organs, our blood so drink it up. Add some lemon, cucumber or berries...just steer clear of added sugars and chemicals.
- I forget to drink and then cram it all in at night, resulting in getting up to go to the bathroom. This week make it a priority to always have a glass of water in your hand. Just like any habit it takes time to form. Another big plus about water is the more you drink it, the less hungry you will be! As a matter of fact, if you feel hungry drink a glass of water first, many times you are thirsty instead of hungry.
|2L water+1 medium cucumber+1 lemon+10-12 mint leaves.|
Steep overnight in fridge and drink every day.
I can't wait to try this!