One of the things I did recently was to buy a full length mirror. It may sound silly but I have never had a full length mirror. My experience with mirrors is standing on toilets to see from my knees to my neck in the vanity mirror. I am not sure if it was subconsciously avoiding on my part, but I am here to tell you...IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FULL LENGTH MIRROR, GET ONE NOW! Here are some things I have learned by actually seeing my full body (grey roots down to unmanicured toes) in the mirror.
- When I stand there naked I look like one of those "before" Hydroxycut people in a swimsuit. NOT GOOD!
- There are some outfits that I really like that make me look horrible!
- There ARE parts of my body that I actually like (besides my boobs).
- Jeans ARE my friends, not my enemies.
- A good bra IS as important as Oprah said it was. (One of the only things I agree with Oprah on)
- My hair and face are not the first place your eyes go when wearing the wrong thing.
- Accessories are an asset to any look.
Have you had any epiphanies while looking in the mirror? I want to hear them or any other thoughts on the whole mirror subject!