Thursday, March 1, 2012

The first six weeks....

Five weeks ago I posted this post about taking a picture of myself in a sports bra and bathing suit bottoms. I cannot tell you how great of motivation that has been for me this past month! That visual burned into my brain and I would work harder and harder to make sure that ickiness would be a distant memory! I encourage anyone who is visual or has a distorted body image to try this technique!

So you wanna know the results? I am completely happy with the progress of the latest picture I took today! I can see a significant difference, especially in my arms and mid section. Of course I am not at all how I want to look yet, but I am thrilled that I am headed in that direction. I lost a total of 6.8 pounds and wore a pair of jeans today that were completely comfortable that I could not wear 5 weeks ago. Hooray!

So what have I been doing? Well...I am grateful that I have the time to dedicate to this. I do an hour of cardio everyday. Every other day I run for 40 minutes and swim for 20 minutes. On the opposite days I do the elliptical for 40 minutes and some other aerobic activity for the 20, lately I've been running again but focusing on sprint increments. Everyday I do resistance training, core and stretching. After all this is said and done the last thing I crave is fried, fatty food so that has helped with my calorie intake a lot. I still crave sweets. I still record everything I eat and make sure I allow myself a handful of chocolate chips everyday. 

I like to say that "my moons are aligned" right now. 
10 pounds to my next goal and 31 days until my next picture!
Let's do it!

No comments: