Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am not fat anymore!

This week I have come to a couple of conclusions. . . 
I am not fat anymore!

Mind you, I am not skinny either.
I like to think of myself now as someone with "problem areas". ahem. . .ARMS, tummy and thighs!
This is just another milestone on the journey of getting healthy
and motivation to KEEP GOING!
I am not even close to being where I want to be yet, but I am SO MUCH CLOSER!

I have been known to be frustrated at the slow progress on the scale. Nah, who me? I definitely wanted that number lower at this point. But a thought occurred to me yesterday and it is this. . .
I am not and have not been dieting. Period.
I exercise every day (except Sunday and when I was sick, even a couple times on vacation). I get a little obsessed with exercising. My diet naturally fell into step with choosing healthier foods and counting my calories. It may sound like a diet but I have not deprived myself one single bit. On Sunday we went to friends' for dinner and I had a brownie with ice cream. If I am craving sweets I allow myself some chocolate chips. I don't reward myself with food but I don't deny myself when it is a NEED either. The trick is to not need it all the time. There is no guilt when I do indulge a bit because I know I did the time at the gym. 

The point is. . . yes, I could've probably been down those last 8 pounds by now. But I would've been miserable along the way. 

I am celebrating the successes along the way! 
You should too!


2 comments:

Liz R. said...

i have been running with the C25K (couch 2 5K) app. it's helping me not walk the entire time (haha), but also to push myself a little and also track my progress.

Swimmingmom said...

Good for you! In reading some of your posts briefly, I feel like I have a lot of similarities. Way to make progress and recognize the progress!!! I do have one question - for myself- so how do you get to the point of not NEEDING treats all the time?