Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Favorite Post Work Out Food

I exercised for YEARS without seeing any results. I used to whine to my friends, "I wish I just looked like all the effort I put in." I don't say that anymore!
What changed? 
My eating! No, I didn't start a diet. I began to focus on nutrients.
Here is an example.

My Post Work Out Smoothie
There are so many smoothie combinations out there, really I just use what I have, but below I have listed what I ALWAYS put into my smoothie.

  • Protein Source : greek yogurt or protein powder
  • Liquid: sugar free almond milk or non-fat milk or coconut water
  • Fiber: ground flax seed
  • Berries: Blueberries and/or strawberries (I try to eat blueberries every single day)
  • Fruits: Banana or pineapple or mango or apple or pear (whatever you have)
  • Greens: spinach or kale or celery (you cannot even taste it)




This smoothie had
greek yogurt
ground flax seed
almond milk
strawberries and blueberries
pineapple
spinach


Please share your favorite smoothie combos!

No comments: