Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My FAVORITE exercise playlist yet!

Do you need some good summer tunes to help you through our Summer Weekly Challenge?
I have posted many playlists here on Behind The Refrigerator Door, but this one BY FAR is my most favorite!
There are a few surprises too.
Pic found here
This playlist is exactly an hour. I used it for my 10K training and I haven't gotten bored of it after three weeks! (I usually only listen for a week and a half at the most.)

  • "Clouds" by Zach Sobiech- amazing song, amazing guy, amazing story.
  • "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" by Anne Hathaway and Jesse McCartney (Ella Enchanted Soundtrack)-very upbeat and gets you singin' along. 
  • "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson- oldie but goodie.
  • "Marry You" by Bruno Mars - another upbeat, fun song.
  • "Daylight" by Maroon 5- visualizing Adam Levine singing this song to me and I will run for however long he wants me to!
  • "We Found Love" by Rihanna- no matter how tired or lazy I feel, when this song comes on I want to move.
  • "The Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Weber (original Broadway Soundtrack)- surprise! Give it a chance, the beat is perfect and repetitive and visualizing the play is the best way to keep your mind occupied. 
  • "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch- this is a carry over from my 80's playlist because I never, ever get tired of exercising to it!
  • "Girlfriend" (clean version) by Avril Lavigne- another one I like to sing a long to.
  • "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen- honestly, does anyone ever get sick of this song?
  • "Who's That Chick?" by David Guetta and Rihanna- great running song! Secret: I pretend people are singing the chorus about me when I am running by them:)
  • "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte- another song that usually reappears often on my playlists.
  • "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson- I make up my own words to this song about how my life would suck without exercise.
  • "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" by Michael Johns (American Idol version)- if there was one song on this playlist that I don't love it would be this one. Probably will change it out for the originals, so much better.
  • "The Winner Takes It All" by Siobhan McCarthy (from Mamma Mia Original Broadway Recording)- I specifically put this near the end. Even though it is slower, it builds toward the end which would be perfect for a finish line. Power ballad that applies to anything...BTW don't count out your favorite Broadway soundtracks for exercise. Many of them are designed to be upbeat, perfect for exercise. 
  • "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms- takes me right back to my Orange County college days. I love memory songs while I am running.
  • "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink- My current favorite song at the moment. I just LOVE it!

No comments: