Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Little More Mature Motivation!

Not gonna lie...I like recognition:) 
(probably has something do with my love language being words of affirmation)
For a long time, in my past career as a teacher and being immature, I never allowed myself to admit that because I didn't want to be vain or greedy or "look at me!". But I am learning, despite still feeling guilty about it, that private and public recognition motivates me. It is part of who I am and instead of stifling it, maybe if I would've accepted it more I would've been a better teacher. 
What pushes you to do better? Recognition, for me, is not the ONLY thing, of course. Don't feel ashamed about what motivates you...I give you permission to accept it and use it to your advantage! 
Now go get MOTIVATED!

That's me! Jen Bottom! If you are wondering what this is all about, ask away!

No comments: