Saturday, January 11, 2014

P90X3 Yoga X- Week 2- Post Workout Wrap-up

Boy! Did I need this workout today! I have been working a lot at the computer and my slouchy shoulders enjoyed this sequence of yoga moves. I have consistently practiced yoga for about a year now and feel like I FINALLY understand what it means to "practice" it, instead of "do" it. If we do it right, we should be feeling ourselves get a little bit more flexible each week. It takes concentration and "practice" to get the breathing down also. Yoga really does have a lot to think about at once. Just do the best you can. If you try to remember that the inhale is when you extend the muscles (reaching up) and exhaling is stretching the muscles (bending down to touch your toes). This breathing helps your muscles stretch by giving them oxygen.

My yoga strength is leg strength. I love the warrior poses. My goal is to increase my balance. Where I really, really lack strength is my upper body. Crow just scares the daylights out of me! Since I started X3 on a Wednesday (Jan 1, 2014) my yoga day is Friday...not a bad way to start my weekend! 
I can't wait for next Friday already!

Check out Traci's blog
She is the blonde with six kids from Yoga X. 

No comments: