Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ultimate Reset Day 13

Are you tired of listening to me ramble on and on about the SAME old things day in and day out? If you are, I completely understand! I would be bored too! But I continue to do this for accountability because if I don't, I might waver. AND I continue to do this because I know someone out there will not want to go in blindly when they do the Reset! So...

Day 13 was fun! LOL 
I completely messed up my lunch by not having any more beets and I completely messed up my dinner by buying the WRONG squash! For a split second I thought about having a non-UR meal ( made chicken satay with spinach and brown rice for the kids), but instead I made Day 14's dinner and will eat it two nights in a row. 

At one point during the afternoon, my 16 year old was eating Nutella and I said to her, "I am going to quit right now"( only half meaning it). She said, "No mom. If you quit you will be teaching me that I can quit things in my life". Wise girl! And later she said, "It is easier to say you are going to quit than actually quit, huh mom?" I thought about that a little bit. I certainly used to NOT think that, but now...yes, why, I think she is right.

Last night I had a church activity with the most delectable looking goodies! A decadent chocolate bundt cake with ooey-gooey frosting, soft homemade chocolate chip cookies and pretzel-rolo-cashew-chocolate yummies...I didn't even tear up passing them by! Before you would've had to peel me away from that table. SHOCKING! 
And it gets better...afterwards we went to my FAVE FRO YO shop (total weakness of mine) to celebrate the daughter's BF birthday...again, TOTALLY FINE. Why? I have no flipping clue! Really. I have said it before and I will say it again, this is my "GIVE ME CHOCOLATE OR DIE" week so I am astonished!

Whew...that was a lot to share. Sorry for the yelling. To the food...
Breakfast- smashed seasoned chickpeas, avocado and steamed kale *see my doggie?*
Snack- 10 cashews (CHEAT!)
Lunch- same salad every day...LOVE those toasted pumpkin seeds!
Dinner- Edamame and corn succotash

Almost done with Past II!

No comments: